This post is part of a series about 2Day for Windows 10:
In the previous post, I described the most visible changes at the UI level, now it’s time to share some of the new features that are coming with this release (I said “some” because another post will introduce a big new feature in the next few days).
Task details page layout & responsive UI
The task details page has the same overall look at in Windows 8. The header has been redesigned, the action buttons too and speech recognition is now available from there.
You will notice a new button in the task bar: “add and continue”. This saves the current task and clear screen so that you can immediately add a new task. Very useful to perform a quick brain dump
The new version also has a new tool to search for existing tag and choose one of them:
Because 2Day for Windows 10 is the exact same app for desktop, tablet and mobile this page is now fully responsive:
Custom background image
In the display settings, you will find a new feature: custom background ! You can now choose pick any picture from your library and use it as a background image in 2Day and you can also adjust opacity:
I can’t wait to see screenshots of your customization of 2Day using this new feature
Another important new feature in this release are keyboard shortcuts. You can now perform multiple action just by tapping a few keystrokes! Here are the shortcuts available in this update:
- Escape / Backspace: cancel current edit and go back / clear selection
- Ctrl + S: save current edit and go back
- Ctrl + N: add a new task
- Ctrl + A: select all tasks
- Ctrl + Enter: save current task and immediately add a new one
- Ctrl + Page Up/down: navigate previous/next navigation views
- Ctrl + E: start speech recognition
- Ctrl + U: sync
- Ctrl + Q: quick add task
- Ctrl + F: find task
- Ctrl + M: open/close navigation menu
- Ctrl + C: copy selected tasks
- Ctrl + V: paste selected tasks
- Ctrl + P: print active view
- Del: confirm to delete selected tasks
What do you think about this upcoming release ?
Please feel free to drop a comment !